English Icon


Bachelor's degree programs in English generally emphasize the study of literature and literary criticism. Some universities also offer specializations in creative or technical writing and/or programs to prepare students for certification as a high school English teacher. Community and junior college students seeking a bachelor's degree in English are strongly encouraged to complete an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree prior to transfer. A minimum of 60 semester credits is required for transfer as a junior into a baccalaureate English program. Since admission is competitive, completing the courses recommended below does not by itself guarantee admission.

Invisible dot
English IAI Recommendations

Be sure to consult the institution you plan on transferring to for course articulations.